Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 January (New Year's Day)
- 6 January (Epiphany)
- Floating (Ash Monday)
- 25 March (National Holiday)
- Floating (Good Friday)
- Floating (Easter Sunday)
- Floating (Easter Monday)
- 1 May (Labor Day)
- 15 August (Assumption)
- 28 October (National Holiday)
- 25 December (Christmas)
- 26 December (Boxing Day)
In Greece the standard voltage is 230V alternating at 50 cycles per second. You can use your electric appliances in Greece, if the standard voltage in your country is in between 220-240V (as is in the UK, Europe, Australia and most of Asia and Africa). Appliances from North America require a convertor and British ones an adaptor.
For the visitors who travel from the European Union, no passports are required.
For the non-European Union citizens, a valid passport is necessary to enter Greece.
Many countries do not require a Visa to visit Greece. Please contact your Embassy in Greece for more information.
You can call 100 free of charge from any phone in Greece.
In case you need express medical care (need to be transported to a hospital) dial 166 free of charge from any phone in Greece.
- ATHENS SITES: 30€/P (Acropolis Hill, Temple of Zeus, Greek & Roman Agora, Kerameikos, Tower of Winds)
- ACROPOLIS HILL: 20€/P (Propylea, Temple of Athena Nike, Parthenon and Erechtheion, Dionysus Theatre and Herodes Atticos Theatre)
- ACROPOLIS MUSEUM: 10€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 5€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM: 10€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 5€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- CAPE SOUNIO: 8€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 4€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- ANCIENT CORINTH: 8€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 4€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- MYCENAE: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- PALAMIDI CASTLE: 8€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 4€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- EPIDAURUS: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- NEMEA: 6€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 3€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- CHAERONIA MUSEUM: 2€/P
- HOSIOS LOUKAS BYZANTINE MONASTERY: 4€/P
- DELPHI: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- OLYMPIA: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- SPARTA ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM: 2€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 1€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- SPARTA OLIVE MUSEUM: 3€/P
- MYSTRAS: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- DIROS CAVES: 6€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 3€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- METEORA: 3€/P/MONASTERY
- VERGINA: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- PELLA: 8€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 4€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- DION: 8€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 4€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- IOANNINA ARCAHEOLOGICAL MUSEUM: 6€/P
- VRELLI MUSEUM IOANNINA: 12€/P (from 1/4 - 31/10), 6€/P (1/11 - 31/3)
- ** If you wish you can buy you tickets online at https://etickets.tap.gr
REDUCED ADMISSION FEES:
- Citizens of the E.U. over 65 yrs
- Students from countries outside E.U.
FREE ADMISSION DAYS:
- National Holidays
- 6 March (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- 18 April (International Monuments Day)
- 18 May (International Museums Day)
- 5 June (International Enviroment Day)
- 27 September (International Tourism Day)
- 28 October
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- Sundays from November 1st to March 31st
- The first Sunday of every month except July, August & September
- Cultural Card holders.
- Escorting teachers during the visits of schools and institutions of Primary, Secondary and Tertiary education and of military schools.
- Members of Societies and Associations of Friends of Museums and Archaeological Sites, upon presentation of their certified membership card.
- Members of the ICOM-ICOMOS.
- Persons possessing a free admission card.
- The employees of the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports and the Archaeological Receipts Fund, upon presentation of their service ID card.
- The official guests of the Greek government, with the approval of the General Director of Antiquities.
- University students and Students of Higher Education Institutes, Technological Educational Institutes, Military Schools or equivalent Schools of member states of the European Union, as well as Schools of Guides, upon presentation of their student identity card, Young people, under the age of 18, after demonstrating the Identity Card or passport to confirm the age.
- Children under the age of 18 years old.
- Tour Guides.